Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Big Sister!


Sydney knew we were looking for a backpack for Gracie for Christmas and tonight Sydney came home from Awanas with a new back pack for her little sister, Gracie.
They got some sort of "money" in reward for attendance, bringing their Bible etc each Wednesday night and then they get to spend it at the "Awana Store". She unselfishly thought of Gracie when she saw this backpack and spent the majority of her "money" on her little sister! She then picked out a little toy for Molly before finding something for herself.
I am so touched by her sensitivity and so proud of her. It is the times like this that make all the other struggles pale in comparison to the love of my girls for each other and thinking of each other first!

4 comments:

Candice said...

I love it when I get to see those little glimpses of love between the kids! I wonder if God allows those to keep us from despairing about all the fighting that goes on (at my house anyway)! :)

Alicia said...

What an encouragement and a blessing :)

Anonymous said...

That is probably one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. :) I'm so proud. :)

Anne said...

That's so sweet! :) Keep up the good work, mom (& dad). ;) You've trained her to think of others first...isn't that one of the things they were talking about in our Bible Study??

Post a Comment