Do you remeber your teenage years? I am sure most of us would like to forget them:) However, when I was in highschool, probably 16 give or take a year, my sister and I were HUGE fans of The New Kids on the Block. That is putting it midly. Well, last month my sister took me to one of their reunion concerts. We never went to one when we were younger but fulfulled this 'teenage dream come true' in our 30's. It was almost silly to think about and somewhat embarrassing....
However, we had the best time in the world. It was one of the best 'sister-
bonding' moments I think we have had in quite some time. Probably because our husbands would have no interest in participating in a concert of thousands of screaming women... notice, women... in their 30's. Nor, would we have wanted our husbands to see us screaming like 16 year olds:) Yes, a little crazy! But oh so worth it. I can't remember when I have had that much silliness and in a long time. We got to scream like silly teenagers all over again. Yes we even remembered all the words to all their old songs. They might even sound better now than they did 15 years ago. I know it is silly teenage boy band all grown up and now in their late 30's but what I will remember the most is that I got to share this extra fun night with my sister. There is no one else I would rather of lived that "dream" with than Julie! There also isn't anyone who can appreciate what fun we had either, so we can relish those memories together and get giddy like little school girls all over again. Thanks Julie for so much fun and thanks for being a great sister!

No comments:
Post a Comment