Sunday, December 28, 2008

Prayer... Check!

I am very bad about accomplishing any personal devotions or quiet time... there... I admit it! I desire it, I want to do it, I just don't make it a priority I suppose. One of my favorite sister-in-laws gave me a book for Christmas that I have actually started reading. When I suggested it I knew it sounded like a book I could make good use of. Prayer Starters for busy Moms: How to pray all day and still put the laundry away. I have not read very much of it yet but I think it is going to be really encouraging.
Going back a couple of years in our Young Women's Discipleship Group one of our "assignments" was to spend one hour in prayer. After I accomplished this I felt so wonderful, it was encouraging and I knew I had spent that hour in God's presence. I so desire to accomplish that daily, even if just for 5 minutes.
I want to spend more time with Jesus! I want to know the closeness and love that comes from spending time in prayer. So I am going to work on my prayer life and pray through my day no matter what I might be "accomplishing". I encourage you to do the same. As I read through my book I will share what I learn so that you may be encouraged too!

2 comments:

Tony and Heather said...

I get to be one of your favorites? How sweet. :) Glad you're enjoying the book!

Anne said...

Good challenge, Jenia! Devotions and prayer time are two things I'm really going to work on too!

Post a Comment