I was thinking today about how organized I would like to be. I would love to have a "right" place for every toy, every book, every bag. However, as much as I would like to be organized I don't think my life lends itself to that right now. Is there a certain place for certain things? Yes. Do we have bookshelves? Yes. I consider myself to be a pretty organized person. I like to plan things but eventually don't you have to let good enough be good enough?
I guess if I had started that project of detailed organization before Sydney came along then I could continue on with it. How do you begin when your in the midst of raising 3 kiddos? I want my girls to know that they need to pick up, that their toys need to be put away, that clothes have a certain spot. But do I want them remembering that mom was so anal about keeping thing "in their spot" that they don't bother getting them out? No!
Isn't spending time with my kids while they are here more important than making sure everything is in its place. How worn out I would be if I was constantly worrying about how clean my house is. And before you think my house is filthy and that their are toys scattered everywhere (which sometimes they are), however you could come into my house and tell I have kids. The toys are not hidden away. The clean clothes are not automatically put away. Won't I have time to do that when they aren't with me??
So I think I will keep my house clean. I will organize the clutter, but if you stopped by today I won't be embarrassed by the sticky spots on my floor and the Little People spread across the living room.
Now off to taking my turn to sing a silly song with Gracie and Molly. Why should they have all the fun!
I guess if I had started that project of detailed organization before Sydney came along then I could continue on with it. How do you begin when your in the midst of raising 3 kiddos? I want my girls to know that they need to pick up, that their toys need to be put away, that clothes have a certain spot. But do I want them remembering that mom was so anal about keeping thing "in their spot" that they don't bother getting them out? No!
Isn't spending time with my kids while they are here more important than making sure everything is in its place. How worn out I would be if I was constantly worrying about how clean my house is. And before you think my house is filthy and that their are toys scattered everywhere (which sometimes they are), however you could come into my house and tell I have kids. The toys are not hidden away. The clean clothes are not automatically put away. Won't I have time to do that when they aren't with me??
So I think I will keep my house clean. I will organize the clutter, but if you stopped by today I won't be embarrassed by the sticky spots on my floor and the Little People spread across the living room.
Now off to taking my turn to sing a silly song with Gracie and Molly. Why should they have all the fun!

1 comment:
I know exactly what you're talking about! Caleb was so surprised today when I told him and Noah that I'd play in their tent with them. "But you don't like to play, Mama. You like to clean and work." Yikes!! That's definitely not what I want my perceptive 3-year-old thinking about Mom.
Post a Comment